Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow Day!

We're in the middle of our first winter storm in Colorado with a prediction of 20-30 inches of snow by tomorrow evening so Blue House Photography took the day off. There are probably already 12 inches of snow on the ground and it's snowed all day. So naturally, with this post, I wanted to think warm. So in that theme I'm posting photos from the warmest I was all year: an August trip to Utah to visit Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. The daytime temperature was in the high 90's and the shade was minimal. I was only there for a long weekend and unfortunately could only spend one day in each park. But I happened to snap a few good ones. Hope you enjoy the photos!


The first two photos are from the Devil's Garden section of Arches where I did a morning hike. The second two are of Delicate Arch. It's a widely recognized arch. It's the arch that Utah picked as it's state symbol.



The first photo is from the Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands National Park. The arch is Mesa Arch and the last two photos were from an evening hike to Murphy's Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment